Data Protection Information
The following pertains to the use of this website. As the party responsible for data processing (controller), we process your personal data collected via our website and store them for the period necessary to achieve the specified purposes and to comply with statutory requirements. In the following, we inform you about the data we collect and the way we process them. Furthermore, we inform you about your data privacy rights pertaining to the use of this website.
Personal data, as defined by Article 4(1) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), includes any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Name and contact information of the person responsible for data processing (controller) and of the corporate Data Protection Officer
This data protection information shall apply to the processing of data on goRENI (www.goreni.de) by the controller, the:
Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V.
Hansastraße 27 c
80686 München (Munich, Germany)
on behalf of the Fraunhofer Institute for Toxicology and Experimental Medicine
Telephone: +49 511 5350-0
Fax: +49 511 5350-155
You can reach the Data Protection Officer of Fraunhofer at the above address of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft c/o Data Protection Officer or at datenschutz(at)zv.fraunhofer.de.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Data Protection Officer directly at any time in case of any questions concerning your data protection rights and/or your rights as data subject.
Processing of Personal Data and Purposes of Data Processing
During your Website Visit
Every time you visit our web pages, our website servers save your device's accessing our website in a protocol file. This storage is temporary; our website server saves the following access data until their automated deletion:
- IP address of the requesting processor
- Access date and time
- Name and URL of the accessed data
- The data volume transmitted
- The message whether the access was successful
- The browser and operating system used
- The name of the Internet Provider (ISP)
- The referring website (referring URL)
These data are processed for the following purposes:
- To enable the use of the website (connection setup)
- Administration of the network infrastructure
- Appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure IT systems and data security taking into account the state-of-the-art technology
- To offer user-friendly service
- To optimize the Internet offering
Legal foundations for the above processing purposes:
- Processing in response to a website visit pursuant to numbers 1–2 the first sentence of Article 6(1), point (b) (requirement for compliance with provisions of the website user contract)
- Processing pursuant to number 3, the first sentence of Article 6(1), point (c) GDPR (legal obligation to implement technical and organisational measures to ensure secure data processing pursuant to Article 32 GDPR) and the first sentence of Article 6(1), point (f) GDPR (legitimate interests in data processing for the network and information security) as well as
- Data processing pursuant to numbers 4–5, the first sentence of Article 6(1), lit. f GDPR (legitimate interests). Our legitimate interests in the processing of data are based on our desire to offer user-friendly optimised web pages.
After the set period of 30 days, our web server automatically deletes the above-mentioned data. To the extent that data are processed longer for purposes pursuant to numbers 2–5, we will anonymize or delete the data as soon as their storage no longer serves the respective purpose.
Furthermore, we insert Cookies once you visit our website. Cookies are used at login to place technical session-control data in your browser's memory. These data are automatically erased at the latest when you close your browser. Furthermore, some selections for data display may be placed in cookies. We use no analytical services.
Establishment of Personal Accounts
If you apply for membership of goRENI, we collect the following mandatory data:
- First and last name
- E-mail address
We may also collect additional voluntary data.
Your personal data provided in the application form are given to the Society specified there for checking of your membership in that Society. In case of a positive reply a personal account will be set up and the data will be stored throughout the validity of that account. Last login and logout as well as number of logins are recorded for each account.
Selections made in the configuration of goRENI are stored for your account. Of course, it is perfectly possible to use this Web site without configuration. In that case, the default settings will be used for display.
You can cancel your account at any time. To do so, please use our Contact Form.
The Use of Contact Forms
We offer website's visitors the opportunity to contact us via a form on our website. To enable you to communicate with us via this form, we request the following data:
- First and last name
- E-mail address
We need these data to find out who contacted us and to process the user request.
We process the data in response to your enquiry. Our purpose is to answer your enquiry for the purposes of our legitimate interests pursuant to the first sentence of Article 6 (1), point (f) GDPR.
Once we have satisfied the enquiry via contact form, we will immediately delete the personal data collected.
Transfer of Personal Data to Third Parties
With exception of the above-mentioned cases of data processing by service providers on our behalf (see website visit, use of contact forms), we give your personal data only to third parties (i.e. to natural and legal persons other than you, the data subject), the controller or the service provider or its vicarious agents if:
- You consented explicitly to the data transfer to a third party pursuant to the first sentence of Article 6(1), point (a) GDPR
- The data transfer is necessary for the performance of the contract with you pursuant to the first sentence of Article 6(1), point (b) GDPR
- Ask a representative of the Society specified in the application form for checking of your membership in that Society
- We are legally obligated to surrender the data to financial or judicial authorities pursuant to the first sentence of Article 6(1), point (c) GDPR
- Transferring your data to third parties is required to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, and there is no reason to assume that you as data subject could have an overriding interest worth protecting in the non-transfer of your personal data pursuant to Article 6(1) S. 1, point (f) GDPR. Such a data transfer to government and/or law enforcement authorities may occur in cases of attacks on our IT systems.
Third parties may use the transferred data only for the above-mentioned purposes.
Pursuant to Article 28 GDPR, our service providers host our websites on servers located in Germany exclusively.
The transfer of personal data to countries outside the EU or an international organization is excluded.
No cookies and tag pixels are used for web analysis or tracking on our website.
No social plug-ins (media buttons) arre used on our website.
Your Rights as Data Subject
You have the following rights:
- Pursuant to Article 7(3) GDPR, you have the right to withdraw at any time any consent you may have given to us before. Consequently, we may no longer continue the respective activity,
- Pursuant to Article 15 GDPR, you have the right to obtain information on your personal data which we have processed. In particular, you have the right to information on the following:
- Purposes of the data processing,
- The categories of personal data,
- The categories of recipients to which we disclosed or will disclose your data,
- The planned storage periods of data,
- The existence of the right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing and objection,
- The right to appeal,
- The right to know the origin of your data in the event that we did not collect these data,
- The right to meaningful and detailed information on the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, relevant information on the details thereof.
- Pursuant to Article 16 GDPR, you have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data and/or the completion of incomplete personal data in storage at the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft,
- Pursuant to Article 17 GDPR, you have the right to the erasure of your personal data unless the erasure interferes with the execution of the right to the free expression of opinions and to information, with the compliance with legal obligations, is necessary in the public interest or for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims,
- Pursuant to Article 18 GDPR, you have the right to restriction of processing of your personal data if you contest or challenge the accuracy of these data, the processing of the data is unlawful but you oppose the erasure of these data and we no longer need the data while you still need the data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims or you have raised an objection against the data processing pursuant to Article 21 GDPR,
- Pursuant to Article 20 GDPR, you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to demand the transmit to another controller and
- Pursuant to Article 77 GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. As a rule, you may find such authority at your habitual residence, your workplace or our company domicile.
Information on your right to object pursuant to Article 21 GDPR
You have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Article 6(1), point (f) GDPR (data processing for the purposes of the legitimate interests) and Article 6,(1), point (e) GDPR (data processing for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest). This shall also apply to profiling as prescribed by Article 4 No. 4 GDPR, which is based on this provision.
Once you file an objection, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or unless the processing serves the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
To the extent that your objection addresses the processing of data for direct advertising, we will stop the processing immediately. In this case, citing a special situation is not required. This shall also apply to profiling in as far as it relates to such direct advertising.
If you would like to assert your right to object, an e-mail to datenschutz(at)zv.fraunhofer.en will suffice.
If you are a registered goRENI member, we offer you the possibility of inspecting your personal data online, and even of modifying the data yourself, via your user account.
We transmit all your personal data using the widely used and secure TLS (Transport Layer Security) encryption standard. The TLS protocol is a proven and secure standard that is also used in online banking transactions. You will recognize a secure TLS connection by the "s" following the http (https://...) in your browser URL or by the lock symbol in the lower section of your browser.
Moreover, we use suitable technical and organizational safety procedures to protect your data against accidental or wilful manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against the unauthorized access by third parties. We constantly improve these security measures as the technology advances.
Timeliness and Amendments to this Data Protection Information
This data protection information as amended in October 2018 is currently applicable.
Due to improvements of our website and website offers or by virtue of amended statutory or administrative standards, it may become necessary to amend this data protection information. You may find the latest data protection information by clicking the link on this website www.goreni.org/gr3_data_protection.php. You may read or print this updated and amended version at any time.
Should individual provisions of this data protection declaration be or become invalid either in part or in their entirety or prove infeasible at any time, this shall not affect the remaining provisions. This shall apply accordingly to gaps in this declaration.